Radio 1 on 1 Preview: I know the basics. I don’t have to waste my time with relearning them.
The basics concepts of radio broadcasting are mandatory. No one will pat your back for getting them right. This is more of a reason to keep them sharp and fresh.
- Deliver promos and competitions with enthusiasm and precise execution.
- Know how to balance your show as second nature. I something works, exploit it. If something doesn’t, you more than likely would get rid of the concept before going on air with it. A seasoned professional bleeds good content, and so bleeds great shows. There is no viable excuse for a bad show. If you’re rusty, polish yourself.
- Do you promote your station? You should never be to egotistical to think that you are bigger than your brand.
- If you are on a team, do you play your role? If you are losing focus, or your team is, it’s time for some team building. Reconnect with one another and know why your place on the show brings relevance and strength in the long run.
- Follow the format of your station! Don’t go rogue with the station image, it always ends badly.
- Love your listener! They’re the reason you will stay behind the mic.
Listen to weekly updates of my new audio book in radio broadcasting here, and don’t forget .