It’s a brand new year, and with it, great opportunities for growth and development. My 3rd year in business brings together my biggest passions, Education and Broadcasting.
I have been so fortunate to work with a plethora of clients, from stations that range from community to online, to commercial, to corporate companies that focus on new media skills and logistics, I’ve been welcomed and recommended for quality service and added value.
2021 has seen the release of my audiobook, a first in South Africa with a broadcasting mentorship initiative, and a new agreement to have carte blanche on remodelling a local community station (details to follow), and it’s only been a month!
Please see what Chris Jordan Media has to offer your station and corporate business.
Looking forward to our journeys together.
About Chris Jordan
Chris Jordan is an experienced media practitioner. Spending 20 years in the media industry, he has worked for commercial hit radio station 947, produced for international entertainment conglomerate Ryan Seacrest, presented on Harlem, New York’s SARFM, and managed at retail station Yebo Radio, and managed the conception of South African LGBTQ+ Online station GaySARadio. He also runs his own media training company, Chris Jordan Media, which has serviced stations like SMU FM, Alex FM, Lesotho’s MXXL FM, MCRS FM, and Pheli FM. Training aspiring media professionals for the past 10 years at Boston Media House, Chris also published his academic textbook “A Word on Radio” and audiobook “Radio 1 on 1: 25 of the Most Asked Questions in Radio Broadcasting. For more information, visit www.chrisjordanmedia.net.
Chris has also been an entertainment journalist/presenter on eTV’s Morning Live for 4 years.
Chris also moonlight’s in the Corporate Training arena. Having a BSc in Computer Science and BComm (Hons) in Informatics, he has diversified training experience from ICT skills to being a Google accredited specialist in G-Suite, Google Cloud Platform, and in Applied Digital Platform Skills, to high end and SETA Accreditation training in Project Management, Corporate Communication, and Leadership skills.
This training is specially designed for adopters who practice radio management, both commercially or in a community environment. The programming training is aimed at on-air staff (presenters, news and sports, production, online producers). Sales and Marketing staff are focused upon separately to strengthen professional outputs.
1. Corporate governance
- ICASA, BCCSA, and NAB compilation and adherence
- Managing station risk
- The role of board members
- Stations policies and procedures
2. Basic Management Skills
- Creating your Brand
- Connecting with the Audience
- Leadership in Radio
- Evaluating Performance
3. People Management Skills
- Talent management: growing great talent
- Managing People and magnifying the best in their personalities
4. Compiling Business Plan
- Mission vs Vision statement
- Building a station template
- Strategic Focus
- Analysis of typical station listener
- Market competition
- License requisites
1. Programming Roles
- The on air personality role in 2021
- Current affairs and sports broadcasting roles
- Content producers vs digital producers
- Bigger picture orientation vs islands of reinvention within the programming team
- Servicing your community
2. Building shows that matter
- Appropriating correct content for the correct audience
- Navigating unlimited content resources
- AIR Methodology (Approach, Ingest, Relay) mindset to show preparation
- Developing a PLAN approach to show content (Perspective, Lay of the Land, Adding Value, New Kind of Normal)
- Executing immaculate interviews
- Pre-Production of show content
- Mandatory show formatics
3. The 4th dimension broadcaster
- New media platforms
- Show presence vs brand presence vs personality presence
- Do’s and Don’ts of social media presence
- New Media Content Specifics
Sales and Marketing
1. Basic Financial Skills
- Financial Management core principles
- Marketing and Selling Advertisements
- Performing SWOT Analysis
2. Rate Cards and Advertising Opportunities
- Reinventing your rate card
- Understanding hot leads vs cold leads
- Live reads vs live promos
- Advertising packages
- In-house production
- Strategic Promotions
- Community Buy-In
Project Management (SETA certified assessor and facilitator)
- Project Integration Management
- Project Scope Management
- Project Time Management
- Project Cost Management
- Project Quality Management
- Project Human Resource Management
- Project Communication Management
- Project Risk Management.
As we have era of online training, Chris Jordan Media offers training virtually as of 2021. This can be booked for group training, one-on-one mentoring, or for feedback retention.
All clients of Chris Jordan Media always have post mortem access to Chris to assist with the growth, development and assistance.
Please enquire for rates that vary from face to face training.
Office Number: (+27)72 643 5502
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com